Saturday, July 19, 2008

Gluten confusion

I have been getting mildly sick lately which I'm sure it's from cross contamination and the fact that I have become lazy. I keep hearing people say that they can eat a piece of pizza and be fine but only sometimes. HA only sometimes? I'm afraid to look at pizza nevermind eat it.

I went to a local restaurant that was suggested from a friend with Celiac Disease and ordered exactly what she orders... onky to become sick. Ugh seriously? haha I think it's because I'm very new to this and my intestines are still in the healing process and she is well into her 5th year.

I called my doctor to order a blood test and he wanted to see me first. My checkup went well because he said I was doing all the right things. I guess he has quite a few patients with CD and they are constantly calling him and complaining about being sick. I think it's because people don't take it serious enough. I gave him my URL and suggested he send people here. Not so much for this blog but for the Celiac Meeting room or the random bloggers that I have posted. I get emails from people thanking me for posting what 'commercial' foods they can eat. It's pretty much and on going list that I've found online and compiled on here. Anyone can do it, if they have time and patience. I had a month to research after I was diagnosed. Everyone should take time out and figure out what they need to do.

Moving on, I am eating dairy again but not like I used to. It's kinda weird but I can tell the difference between dairy gas and other random food gas. Good to know? I figured you wanted to know that.

What have I been eating lately? I try to make a nice chic meal to bring to work for lunch. I've mastered a great chic fajita in a bowl. haha I combine rice, taco seasoning, chicken, black beans, onions and peppers. (Cooked) Then get some corn tortillas (soft ones) and put Tofuti sour cream and guacamole on the wrap (the more the better, those wraps are dry)then plop some mixture in there, wrap and eat. It's quite yummy.

I have been buying frozen rice pizza crusts and topping that with spinach and artichokes. Again, kinda dry and sometimes it doesn't cook all the way but if I make it right.. it's delish. :-)

I also cook a lot of thai food again. That's where I started last year and kinda left it for a while but it's really good.

I'll be going for my blood work soon but I'm afraid it wont be pretty. I'll post the results

No comments: