Thursday, May 8, 2008

Paranoia, no more

I’ve eased up a bit on my paranoia. Last night I even let my beer drinking buddy take a sip of my mudslide. Of course, I made her take a sip of her water first. Haha. I’ll tell ya, we will drive ourselves crazy over gluten. Personally, I don’t want to be sick so I try to take as many precautions as possible but it’s hard to remember all the rules. I still won’t go to a restaurant if they don’t have a GF menu. I take a lunch to work everyday while everyone else orders subs. I save money this way and I’m pretty sure it’s healthier.

I no longer think you can get sick by using shampoo with wheat germ in it. Same goes for makeup, excluding lipstick. At home, I use separate cookware and dishes, I have my shelf in the fridge and separate food cupboards. At work, I share the same everything. Currently there is a loaf of bread on the microwave. I laugh because it’s right there, in my face. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying this is how everyone should be. I am just as confused as the next person. Everyone is about being careful at first but I talk to so many people that have Celiac Disease and they are way more sane then us newbies.

I never had my checkup so it’s possible that my lack of being sick is due to gluten in my system. I really hope not, cause if I find out that I have been consuming this poison…. Oh my, I think I’ll lose it.

No comments: