Sunday, March 23, 2008

I forgot how to be Gluten Free

So the other day I was thinking that it sucks that I can't go out to eat and I'm so limited as far as foods/drinks/life... Then it occurred to me, that I was too busy wallowing in 'pity me' to realize all the opportunities I have. I seriously forgot how to be GF.

When I was first diagnosed I knew how to go to a restaurant and carefully order to ensure I had a safe and good meal. Man, along the way, I guess I lost that. I have been going to the same 2 restaurants that have a GF menu, I am spoiled. That's it, spoiled. Because when my friends want to go someplace else, I'm screwed. That's when I realized, I have no idea how to order food in a restaurant.

Then, it occurred to me that I eat the same thing, week after week. In the beginning, I was trying new foods, playing with recipes, looking new things up on the Internet... etc.. basically, I am boring now. All I eat is food that can be cooked in under 20 minutes, manufactured or junk food. How is that healthy? Good news for you junk food junkies that are looking for mainstream commercial food ideas, just ask me, I can steer you in the right direction. Which in all reality is the wrong direction. I can't remember the last time I had a piece of fruit.

Check this out, waffles for breakfast, thai noodles (similar to ramen) for lunch, a balance bar or genisoy bar for snack and tater tots or noodles and sauce for dinner. HAHAHAHA seriously. What happened?

As far as food shopping goes, I forgot how to do that too. It's to the point where I just look for the allergy words in bold from the safe companies. Pathetic, I know. The food I have been eating is full of high fructose corn syrup, sugar, and a whole shitload of things I can't pronounce. So what happened? I need to get back on track.

The reason for blogging this today is because it's only been 7 months and I'm already stuck in a rut. I should still be trying new things, becoming creative.. I want to make sure that if the readers have this same problem and haven't realized it yet, they will now. Take control of your life and get back in the game.

That's what I'm about to do.

No comments: