Sunday, March 23, 2008

Oops not glutened

On March 2nd I posted a blog about being glutened, yeah well, I wasn't. I ended up getting pretty sick with a chest cold and possibly a few days of the flu. That lasted 15 days. So I just wanted to clear that up. Although, sometimes I do question if I have CD or not.

Check this out, a reader, funny little guy, sent me a comment. I really want to talk about this, so read the whole thing. This was his comment:

"I work in a restaurant and have many Gluten free questions asked of my staff. We are not trained in the Nutrition Feild to know all of the quims and quirks of every disease. It is unreasonable and ignorant for someone with a disease to assume the general public will know all of the details involved with any disease. If you are feeling sorry for yourself fo having this disease and its restrictions that is your buisness. Please do not take it out on the rest of the world."

These are my comments if you will.
We are not trained in the Nutrition Feild to know all of the quims and quirks of every disease. Understandable, but you and your staff should probably know about food allergies. It's not about the disease Mr. Anonymous, it's about the fact that people who have food allergies would like to go out to eat too.

It is unreasonable and ignorant for someone with a disease to assume the general public will know all of the details involved with any disease.
People who work in a restaurant, around food, are not just anyone in the 'general public'. Again, it's not the disease, it's the allergy.


This is my favorite!!
If you are feeling sorry for yourself fo having this disease and its restrictions that is your buisness. Please do not take it out on the rest of the world I have never blamed anyone for CD, I have never yelled at anyone because I have CD so I'm pretty sure that means that I have never taken it out on anyone, especially the whole world. That sure is a lot of people. If it is in fact my business, like you say, then what are YOU doing commenting on MY blog? Mr. Anonymous.


Now I have to add one thing just in case anyone comes on here thinking I want everyone to feel sorry for me and that I hate everyone who doesn't understand. Oh boy, that is so far from the truth it doesn't even touch the outer layer. The point of my blog is to help others that go through these roller coaster emotions, to help them understand that you will have your ups and downs. I am hoping that after a while my blogs will all be positive and then you will see that it's all worth it. People forget what its like in the beginning, how hard the struggle really is. I'm jotting it down, on a public site, to not forget. I remember that grocery shopping took 3 hours but do I really remember how sad it made me? That I felt so disappointed when I left with $35 worth of groceries and nothing to eat? Do you remember that feeling? I mean really.

So please don't view me as Miss Negative or act like I'm feeling bad for myself. I am not, I can assure you. I am just going through the motions just like all the other Celiacs. I'm not afraid to blog when I'm having a bad day or a pity party. That's the difference. How could I possibly help others if I lie and say it's easy and it's all gonna be better one day. I don't know how it's going to be tomorrow or one day. But guess what? A few years from now, when I look back at my difficult journey, I will know and I'll blog it, so you know too.

To those of you who understand and continue to read Thank you, for not judging. For those of you who think I hate life and am a miserable girl, there's a psychology term for that, projection.

Peace

No comments: