Saturday, January 12, 2008

Sore stomach

I woke up this morning with a gassy belly and didn't want to get out of bed. I hate wasting days though cause life is so short, that won, I got up.

I still don't feel very well but right now I can tolerate the pain.

I had to walk around Lowes today and it was quite the task. I feel like I have one big cramp. Its weird though cause its almost like, I know why I feel this way. Did that make any sense? LOL what I mean is, I feel like todays stomach pain is a direct result of last nights severe pain. It's a constant reminder of what I had to go through. I don't like it.

I think I was glutened. I don't think it was the food. You see we have been doing some remoldeling in my house. Drywall, plaster, adhesive, grout... etc well guess what has gluten in it. Plaster. Yup it is the filler. I have been inhaling the fumes and dust of this for a week. I've been terrible sick for a week, Which explains the headaches too. When you inhale stuff that is toxic to you, it causes a headache. I'm well aware of this feeling.

LOL, so how funny if it turns out that it's not the food? Which means that all this trouble I have been going through to try and figure out what makes me sick, isn't food at all. Well, not the food that goes in my mouth. If anyone asks if its possible to get sick from being around gluten and inhaling the fumes, I would say yes. I'm not eating the plaster. I promise.

I hope these pains don't last long cause I'm ready to not be sick. For now, I need to go lay down and rest.

2 comments:

Cathy Clark said...

I just had my master bathroom re-tiled and have been feeling crappy ever since. I'm sure one of the products has gluten in it. How long do I have to wait until it settles or clears up? I had to sleep in my guest room last night.

WhyMeCeliac said...

It could be from the fumes, they are really toxic and can make anyone sick. When in doubt, I always fall back on the BRAT diet and feel better in a few days. Bananas, Rice, Applesauce and tea/toast. I've been sick anywhere from 2 hours to 3 weeks. It's not fun. I hope I could help.