Sunday, January 13, 2008

Here is some advice I have been getting

"Do you mean you have been working around wheat stuff the last weeks, more or less the same time frame as this thread here, or did I read that wrong?

One thing that maybe is useful for you to know is... if I have been glutened, EVERYTHING will give me bloating and discomfort for a week or two afterwards. At least, it used to. Now, after three years gluten free, I recover more quickly. I get bloating and discomfort - you might very well get gas pains or something else.

This means that after a glutening, it's impossible to say what you may or may not react to for a week or two. First you need to recover from the gluten exposure. "

Ok that totally makes sense. I hate it. When glutened, everything makes her sick?? yeah, that right there explains it all.

let's see what else people have been saying.

"It makes perfet sense if you are celiac. Oats would be a delayed reaction that may have lead to your symptoms after you ate the next day. The number of folks who can tolerate oats is not real high you should drop those until you are symptom free.

Also the mayo and the salsa, did you make sure that they are derived from non gluten grains? Not all celiacs can tolarate gluten vinagers.
With your tummy being the way it is you shouldn't even consider salsa, whether gluten free or not right now. "

The oats I eat are from red mill. It's in a factory by itself. I thought these were okay. My mom just made oatmeal peanut butter cookies and now, I have to not eat them?? oohhh poop. I hate celiac disease. I shouldn't have done the salsa, thats true. I'm an idiot.

"You also should be dropping dairy for a couple of months at least. You need the villi that are damaged to digest dairy, without them a couple of hours after consuming it you will have symptoms."

So many people keep telling me that because my intestines are already damaged, dairy is bad. Basically dairy cannot be consumed until the villi are somewhat back in shape. 7 years of damage, I guess I have to get rid of the dairy. I sooo don't want to. I didn't have dairy for 6 years. I miss it. I love cheese. Real cheese. But I have been constipated my entire life, probably cause I love cheese so much. I actually have funny cheese stories. Let's just say that drinking mineral oil and crying to my mommy in 7th grade cause I couldn't go potty was not fun. Back then, I would put cheese in a coffee cup and melt it in the microwave and eat it. yum yum. lol

So, I am cutting out dairy, chicken and oats. Which dairy is easy, I did it before. Oats, no biggy, I don't even like them. BUT chicken? I eat chicken every day of the year. Looks like fish is about to make a major come back. But can you make fish stirfry? lol j/k I'll do shrimp.

Next month, mercury poisoning.

not funny? yeah, I know.

I need to lay down and stop typing. My stomach is killing me. It feels like I went to the gym and totally over did it with the ab work out.

No comments: