Saturday, January 19, 2008

Getting better!

Well as the title says, I'm getting better. I'm back to eating normal foods again.

I figured it was one of two things. First, the fact that I was glutened on dec 22nd could have been haunting me. I mean it makes sense, every time I ate, it hurt. It didn't matter what I ate, it just hurt. So if you think about it, I was irritating an already upset stomach. The B.R.A.T. diet helped a lot too. It really does work. I don't think any of those foods gave me trouble.

Ok, if it wasn't the after effects of being glutened, it was the toxins in my house. I had plaster, dirt, paint, etc... hanging out in the air. I still haven't found out if that specific plaster has gluten in it. I found the website but can't navigate it very well. After painting a few nights ago, I felt like crap and realized it was the terrible fumes. I'm giving myself a few days before I go back and finish.

I also realized that no matter how you spin it.. a celiac needs to be dairy free for about a year. Apparently the tips of your villi are needed to digest dairy products. Well, celiacs have flat villi, resulting in, no tips. Census says that it is possible to consume dairy again, but just not now. I went out and bought some dairy free butter, milk and cheese. Like I said before, not a big deal, I was dairy free for 6 years. Of course, I keep eating foods with milk derivatives but I'm sure that will also come to an end.

I'm seeing a nutritionist. I really don't want too though. I feel like it is a big fat waste of time. Last time I had the appointment, I blew it off. My doctor says she specializes in celiac disease. So it can't be a complete waste of time. I can't imagine someone actually knowing as much as us celiacs do. All the research I have done and still don't know everything. I can't picture someone doing that kind of research if they don't have the disease. Ahh whatever. We'll see. I'll let you know what she said.

I also have a gastro appointment on the 24th. Hopefully they will send me for some blood work. That'll be a big waste of money too. Guess what he's gonna say? You should see a nutritionist. Yeah, no shit. LOL

Off to clean.

No comments: