Thursday, January 10, 2008

Debating on calling the doctor

I can't figure out if I should call the doctor or not. I really don't know what to tell them. I have had stomach and gas problems for years, so its the same ole, same ole.
I was looking over my food diary and its not very consistent. I could always just get back to the basics and try again but its thursday. What if I get really sick on sat or sun. I have a terrible headache and I am pretty sure its food related. I have absolutely no energy. I am awake but my muscles feel sore and tired. (for no reason) The past two days have been really bad stomach pains, I can only take so much.

I just realized, thats what I'm gonna say to my doctor and they can tell me what to do from there. I'm calling.

UPDATE:
This is my post from celiac.com (if you are celiac and havent been there yet, please go to the forum and talk about whatever you need. Those people are an excellent support group right in the comfort of your own home.)

I made an appointment with my PCP tomorrow at 9. I just don't want it to be a waste of time, you know? Of course you all know.
I also called the Gastro who diagnosed me. That appointment is on Jan 24th and the girl who made the appointment could tell that this is more urgent and suggested I talk to the Dr's nurse and get squeezed in somewhere. So I left a message.

Any suggestions on what to say so I don't get the run around?

Both locations are aware that my food right now is very much limited and I am worried. I will add some stuff back but I can't be sick. I promise I wont stop eating. Hunger pains hurt too.
Plus that leads to even more problems, we all know I don't want/need MORE problems.

I can handle the uncomfortable gas but the pain that follows gets too much. Why is it that we have to feel this way? Sorry, there I go again.


BTW Thanks for everyones HUGS and support. I love this place.

No comments: