Friday, September 19, 2008

Not scared

I went out to eat with my ex the other day and asked him if he remembered the first time I went out to eat after being diagnosed. He did. I was so anal. They sat us at a table that had bread crumbs on it and I didn't touch it until the waiter came over and cleaned it off. We were at the Outback and I told them not to bring the bread because i didn't want to take the chance that it would some how land on my side of the table.

I remember being so nervous that the same person who brought the bread to other tables would be the one who brings my dinner. What if they cross contaminated the plate. Paranoia big time.

Now when I go to the Outback I don't flinch when people are eating bread at the same table. If there are bread crumbs, I'll wipe it off with my napkin and shake out my napkin after. haha what a difference.

I was so scared of being sick and thinking that if I ate gluten, it would set back any progress I had made. Now, I don't think of it as a disease or an illness, it's pretty much a way of life for me. I'm not jealous of anyone eating yummy (fatty) foods, which is great. People are always telling me they feel bad for me, I say "hmph, it's no big deal" or "I don't". What a change from a year ago. I'm impressed with myself. I'm not even afraid of kissing a boy :-) which is another plus.

So, good luck to you all in your first year. If I can help in anyway, shoot me an email. I'll try to post things as I remember them. On the side of this blog shows titles of another blog I write. It's way more informative and very helpful as far as what the heck to eat.

No comments: