Saturday, March 1, 2008

My Favorite restaurant gluttened me

I went to CJ's last night with a group of friends and as usual I informed the waitress that I would be ordering a GF meal. She then proceeds to tell me that they aren't doing GF anymore. She said they were starting a GF menu but realized it was too difficult, yada yada, then soemthing about a nutritionist. Whatever. So apparently they are giving up. This is maybe 1 week after the assistant manager sent me the GF menu choices by email.

Well, I think it was my fault that they aren't doing GF anymore and that sucks. After I received the email, I decided to send him one back explaining what happened when I went to T-Bones the other day; it's their sister restaurant. The waitress suggested Broc and cheese soup, I said, I highly doubt that its GF and she went to ask the cook. She came back and asked me "Can you have Flour"? HAHAHA Are you serious right now? I almost walked out. So thats pretty much what I told him. I added that foods cooked in the same fryolator can cross contaminate.

So what I'm saying is that I think, I single handedly blew it for everyone. Why would they give up like that? I'm so disappointed. Now, I have 2 choices of restauranst and one is super expensive.

So, at CJ's, i decided to order anyways. I got the chicken enchiladas. Well, I probably shouldn't have because the other girl at the table ordered that too. Which probably means, they weren't extra careful. Hence why I'm sitting on the couch with stomach pains and hating life right now.

I don't understand this disease. None of the reactions to gluten are consistent. It truly makes me wonder if I have CD. Well, the horrible stomach pains are pretty much the same, just different degrees thats all.

1 comment:

Mike Eberhart said...

That certainly sucks. Here's hoping for a speedy recovery. I am nearly 100% paranoid about eating out at restaurants due to stories like this. I do give in on occasion (about once every 3 or 4 months),otherwise it's all made at home and guaranteed "safe" for me. Here's hoping you don't get burned again.