Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Oh Boy

So It is suggested that I check my blood sugar levels. Because I have removed many foods and am still sick including these headaches and feeling so tired, I may have a GI problem or a different intolerance.

Here is the reply to the last post from a lady at celiac.com. (where I go for all my support)

"You can tell if it's a blood sugar issue if you find that you feel better after eating, for about half an hour, and then feel worse. You can also use blood sugar monitors to test regularly to find out if you have a sudden drop or spike, which can definitely cause stomach aches and headaches, at the least.

I am suggesting, given all that you've been trying, that it isn't a specific food (or small set of foods) that's making you sick. It could still be a GI issue related to food (for those who really have IBS, food plays a role in causing the symptoms, even if it's not the direct cause; and yeah, I know it's way over-diagnosed, or for those with other GI issues, fat is a problem), but it seems, based on what you've been describing, that it's not quite as simple as a handful of other food allergies/intolerances.

Though, as I type that, one other thing comes to mind - if you entirely eliminate fruit, you could separate out a fructose intolerance. True, clinically-diagnosable fructose intolerance is fairly uncommon (as opposed to an intolerance where you can't handle much, but can handle a small amount), but you describe a connection with the fruit, and cooking may not break down all of it."

hmmm. I think I'll make an appointment and get this worked out. Of course, you all know that I will post everything as it comes. Wish me luck.

No comments: